Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

What did she tell me??

I was with my few friends and a baby in one of the extensive grasslands in Africa.Just the 4 of us including the cute baby had gone there to get the raw wildlife experience-the animals in their original home and not behind the bars.A widespread dry grassland with lots of zebra's,antelopes,bulls etc. Naturally this ecosystem will also hold their predators.Thrilled at our new intention of getting to know the wild better, we moved on with our binoculars as quietly as possible.
Just then my foot got trapped a bit dangerously by the stems of a wild creeper and immediately i fell on the ground giving out little cry of pain.As i fell the baby in my hand also fell down but was not hurt.The next few things happened in a flash of lightening.I heard an ear pounding roar somewhere nearby and i turned just in time to see the glorious black and red stripes getting ready to pound on me.By this time the others had run for their safety n tried to rescue us from a distance but that wouldn't help us at all.and instead of a single jump,it took a few steps to come closer to me and with each of its step i felt the arrival of death so near to its destination.I didnt have the strength to move from my position.
However the tiger fooled me and headed straight with a wicked smile for the baby lying near me.I was helpless other than for praying with all my might.Just when it was showing all signs of an attack there was a rustling movement in the bushes nearby and out came,hopping happily ,the tiger cub.perhaps it was delighted to see another creature of its same age, i dont know y-the cub pushed away his mother and stroked the baby with his furs and within a few seconds i heard the laugh of the baby.I couldnt believe what was going on.The mother stood rooted to her place staring at the playful twosome.she slowly receded from there and returned back to me.
But this time, again i dont know y,I felt that my fears were evaporating and i was calm.I looked straight into the her glowing eyes and she stared back at me for a long time as if she wanted tell me something and i was reading it from her eyes.Yes i was reading the speechless universal language there as Paulo Coehlo says.I slowly raised my hand to touch its head and it willingly bowed.Maybe She wanted to tell me about the love she has for her son or perhaps that she understood the innocence of childhood or even something deeper;that she realized the deep love that the children of earth had for each other be it man or tiger or a deer or an elephant, i am not sure.but she surely told me that she loves me.she then beckoned her little kid who was still having fun with the baby and went back slowly into the sunset& through the grasses.
Can this happen in real life?It was a very realistic dream that i recently had and has left me with lots to ponder.I just couldnt keep it out of my mind these days as it keeps recurring.The things that happened in a few minutes that changed the mind of determined greedy ferocious tiger from finishing us to giving us some meaningful yet unfinished message.Thats what keeps me thinking..........

4 comments:

  1. dear,

    I'm feeling so elated to read through these beautifully woven words.

    The dream, is obviously an emotion everyone pampers, specially when we live fierce in an arid society losing compassion, when everyone is being confined to himself, when every droplet of love is being masked over the man's mad avarice for money.

    Keep on writing dear..

    ReplyDelete
  2. naj
    what an excellent dream
    i liked it
    when i read this,
    i was remembered of a film named two brothers.
    it is an excellent film
    u must see
    it is the love b/w 2tigers
    so so good

    keep on writing
    do not stop...............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for reading through my posts n encouraging me

    ReplyDelete
  4. A schoolgirl from India in 9th std-
    Writing so very well-
    An imaginative daughter to an eminent environment manager-
    Wish you many more releases.

    ReplyDelete